Get cross-border banking and U.S. mortgages for Canadian snowbirds!
RBC BankTM - Where Canadians Bank in America®
Cross-Border Banking – Available Anywhere, Anytime
Cross-border living has never been easier. Discover how simple it can be with an RBC Bank U.S.-based bank account and credit card.
- Get credit in the U.S. with your Canadian credit history. RBC Bank will use your Canadian credit history to help you qualify for a U.S. credit card.1
- Access cash in the U.S. You can get cash at any U.S. ATM. If you’re charged a fee, RBC Bank will reimburse you.2
- Move and exchange money with no transfer fees! Instantly exchange and transfer money online between your Royal Bank of (Canada) and RBC Bank (U.S.) accounts for free.3
- Save money every time you shop. Save up to $25 for every $1,000 you spend by avoiding foreign transaction fees.4 Unlike some Canadian cards, you won’t pay foreign transaction fees on your U.S. purchases.
Looking to buy property in the U.S.?
RBC Bank can help get you into your dream home.
- RBC Bank will use your Canadian credit history. We’ll look at your Canadian credit bureau history to help you qualify.5
- RBC Bank provides financing in all 50 states. Condo in Boca or townhouse in Tucson? We can help.
- Make penalty-free lump sum payments anytime. RBC Bank doesn’t charge a prepayment penalty.
- Save money with no foreign national premiums. U.S. banks may charge Canadians a fee when buying property in the US. Not RBC Bank.
Financing with RBC Bank can help manage your cash flow better and get you into your U.S. dream home sooner. RBC Bank mortgage specialists only work with Canadians so they’ll be with you every step of the way through the U.S. mortgage process.
When you’re ready to start looking, consider getting prequalified. It lets your realtor know how much you can borrow. Get Prequalified Now
Already own a home in the U.S.? Benefit from a strong U.S. dollar and any appreciation in your home with a Home Equity Line of Credit.6 Enjoy easy access to your U.S. cash through equity of your home at a lower cost than typical foreign exchange rates.
RBC Bank is RBC Bank (Georgia), National Association (“RBC Bank”), a wholly owned U.S. banking subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, and is a member of the U.S. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (“FDIC”). U.S. deposit accounts are insured by the FDIC up to the maximum amount permissible by law. U.S. banking products and services are offered and provided by RBC Bank. Canadian banking products and services are offered and provided by Royal Bank of Canada. U.S. deposit accounts are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (“CDIC”).
® / ™ Trademark(s) of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC and Royal Bank are registered trademarks of Royal Bank of Canada.
1 All loans and lines of credit are subject to approval.
2 Standard account fees and transaction limitations will apply. To find a no-fee ATM near you visit www.rbcbank.com/atms. If you can't find a no-fee ATM nearby, you can use your RBC Bank Debit card for cash back with your purchases at many larger retail merchants such as grocery stores, or visit any U.S. ATM and request a refund of the ATM fee. Refund requests are subject to limitations, refer to the Personal Schedule of Fees for details.
3 No foreign transaction fees or transfer fees will be charged. Foreign exchange rates apply when converting currencies. Standard account charges may apply. Maximum transaction limits may apply and are subject to change. Availability of the money will depend on the time when it is sent from Royal Bank of Canada or RBC Bank. Transaction may not appear on your account transaction history until the following day but will reflect the date of transfer.
4 Many Canadian credit cards charge a foreign transaction fee of 2.5%, which equals $25 for a $1,000 USD purchase.
5 Mortgages are subject to approval, including verification of acceptable income, credit worthiness and property valuations. Minimum and maximum property values and maximum loan-to-value ratios apply. Homeowner’s insurance is required for all loans and lines of credit, and flood insurance is required if the property is located in a Special Flood Hazard area. Escrows may be required. There are closing costs associated with these products.
6 Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOCs) are subject to approval, including verification of acceptable income, credit worthiness and property valuations. Minimum and maximum property values and maximum loan-to-value ratios apply. Homeowner’s insurance is required for all loans and lines of credit and flood insurance is required if the property is located in a Special Flood Hazard area. In addition to a ½% Origination fee (with a $500 minimum and a $2,000 maximum) due at origination and a $50 annual fee, third party closing costs for Home Equity Lines of Credit may range from $900 to $9,000. Home Equity Lines of credit are not offered for properties in Texas. Home Equity Lines of Credit are not available for investment properties.
RBC Bank, Equal Housing Lender.