We would like to give a big thank you to all Snowbird Advisor members who completed our snowbird survey earlier this month to share their habits and preferences.
Your feedback is invaluable in helping us continue to provide our members with helpful, relevant tips, tools, information, resources and services. We greatly appreciate your assistance!
Here are just a few of the interesting findings from the survey:
- Among all respondents, 86% currently spend their winters in the U.S. with 14% spending their winters in a variety of international destinations.
- However, among newer snowbirds, 25% said they were interested in exploring international destinations.
- The top 5 snowbird destinations were 1. Florida 2. Arizona 3. California 4. Mexico, and 5. Texas.
- Other destinations that attract snowbirds include South Carolina, Hawaii, the Caribbean, Portugal, Spain, Costa Rica and Panama.
- Over 70% of respondents spend 3 months or more away each winter.
- 78% of respondents go to the same destination every year, while 22% move around to different destinations each year.
- However, among newer snowbirds, the percentage who plan on moving around to different destinations each year jumped to over 37%.
- 68% of snowbirds who go to the U.S. drive to their destination, while 32% fly.
- For accommodations, 50% own either a house, condo or manufactured home in their winter destination, 40% either rent or stay in a hotel or resort and 10% own an RV.
- 77% of respondents have family and friends come to visit them while they are away during the winter.
- Almost 38% come back to Canada one time during the winter and 12% come home two to three times over the winter