Where can Canadians get reliable health and safety travel information?
We are planning to spend next winter in some more exotic destinations and are finding conflicting information about health and safety in those destinations. Where can we get reliable information?
Canadians can get reliable health and safety travel information on the Government of Canada’s Travel Advisory Website designed specifically for travellers.
The website provided information about:
- Local safety and security conditions and areas to avoid
- Possible health hazards and restrictions
- Natural hazards and climate
- Entry and exit requirements
- Local laws and culture
- Where to find help while you are travelling abroad
We also recommend that Canadian snowbirds register with Canadian Consular Services when they are travelling. You can learn more about why we recommend registering with Canadian Consular Services here.
You can register online or in-person at a Canadian consulate office.